Working on my final project for my curriculum class and stumbled upon this gem. The article Graffiti Vandalism Linked to Urban Decay intrigues me. If you read it, drop a line. Or on any of these resources for that matter!
The purpose of their site is to present safety issues of concern to the City of Calgary and its various communities in ways that tie directly to the Alberta Curriculum of Studies. Students and teachers can use the material presented on their pages to address outcomes.
- “Off the Wall! How to Win the Fight Against Graffiti,” Direct Cinema Ltd.; Port Credit, Ontario; McNabb and Connolly
- Butcher, Kristin, “Zee’s Way,” Orca Publishers, 2004
- Calgary Police Services, “Wipe Out Graffiti: It’s Costly, It’s Vandalism, It’s Illegal,” Calgary Alberta 2000
- Geason, Susan et al. “Preventing Graffiti and Vandalism” Canberra, Australian Institute of Criminology, 1990
- Reisner, Robert George. “Encyclopedia of Graffiti” New York : Macmillan, 
- Renyolds, Robert, “Magic Symbols: a Photographic Study on Graffiti,” Graphic Arts Centre, Pub. Co., 1975.
- Robinson, David, “Soho Walls: Beyond Graffiti,”Thames and Hudson, New York, 1990
- Schwartzman, Allan. “Street Art” Garden City, N.Y.: Dial Press, 1985.
- Van Draanen, Wendelin, “Shredderman: Attack of the Tagger,” Random House, 2004
- Teacher’s guide to the novel, “Zee’s Way” by Kristin Butcher
- Doug Smith’s Anti-Graffiti Web Page: The Internet Voice for the Graffiti Victim
- Keep America Beautiful – Graffiti Hurts (U.S.A.)
- Walker Lake Graffiti Education (U.S.A.)
- The “NoGraf” Network (U.S.A.)
- Graffiti Busters (Canada)
- SPARC Mural Project (U.S.A.)
- Broken Windows or Broken Dreams: The Truth behind the Theory. By Carlotta Brittinger. January 2005. Blue Line Magazine
- Taking Back the Streets …. One Wall at a Time . By Heinz Kuck. January 2002. Blue Line Magazine.
- When a Search is Warranted: Case Studies of Graffiti Criminal Investigations in the City of Saskatoon. By Lee Jones. April 2007. Blue Line Magazine.
- Capturing Hearts and Minds: Addressing Hate Crime and Racial Discord through Community Policing. By Heinz Kuck. March 2005. Blue Line Magazine.
- 2005 a ‘Benchmark’ Year in Graffiti Eradication. By Heinz Kuck. January 2006. Blue Line Magazine.
- Graffiti Vandalism Linked to Urban Decay. By Heinz Kuck. April 2006. Blue Line Magazine.
- Is graffiti art or vandalism? Calgary grapples with the issue
- Graffiti disgrace: Hooligans wreak havoc on Millennium Park
- “Police charge 5 in SW after graffiti attacks”
- Montreal bills firefighters for Habs graffiti cleanup
- Anit-Semetic Graffiti in Calgary
- Boardworx Murals Energize Youth